Friday, 17 July 2015

Blogger's Top Recipes...



Anyone who follows me on Instagram will have seen a slight increase of the whole 'tweet what you eat' thing I swore I'd never start doing... Whoops. Well, the bug has bitten me and as a complete and utter, raging foodie, I love to share my culinary creations. Guilty as charged!

Being at drama school is tough to keep healthy as when you get home at 6:30 after a 10 hour day, all you want to do is slob about and order a take away. 1. I would become the biggest lump in the history of lumps, 2. My bank balance would be non existent, 3. I'd lack so much energy the next day. However, I found myself falling in love with cooking this year and not only that, but finding healthy recipes and completely changing my lifestyle when it comes to food. 

I'm going to take you through a day of food in the like of moi and bung some recipes to go along with it!

Breakfast

The first meal of the day is without doubt my favourite. I sometimes (this is such a sad confession) go to bed excited to fall asleep so that breakfast will be here sooner... Wow. Just wow. 
Anyway, it's not my fault! This recipe is so good I think anyone would be excited to chow down on this bad boy. I like to call this one Clean Cookie:


This gorgeous thing is purely made from:
1 Banana (mashed)
Whisked with 1 Egg White
Dash of Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
Dash of Cinnamon 
1/3 cup of Oats
Dark Chocolate Chips
Microwave in a heat safe bowl for 1 min 45 secs
Pop some yummy Peanut Butter on top!

BINGO!

Lunch

This beauty is so delishhhhh & I always make it the night before so I can whack it in some tupperware and take it to school the next day...


Boil Sweet Potato & Carrots for 10 mins and then drain and mash
Chicken Breast diced and browned in pan with coconut oil
Add honey and sesame seeds until sticky and cooked through
Serve on top of Spinach & other veg

This is a really satisfying lunch as you have your carbs, greens and something for your sweet tooth too!

Dinner

This is one of my all time faves! I am a pizza adorer... I'm lactose intolerant though so finding a pizza for me is quite tricky. However, these much healthier Pita Pizzas are a dream come true.



2 Wholewheat Pittas 
Top with Chopped Tomatoes OR Pasta Sauce
Add Chopped Peppers, Sweetcorn, Mushrooms, Spinach (any veg of choice) 
Along with Tuna or Ham (any meat of choice) 
Sprinkle on some Feta and Basil

Oven Bake/ Grill for 5-10 minutes

Perfection.  


There you have it! During the day I also snack on 2 hard boiled eggs, rice cakes with peanut butter, nuts, banana, apple and maybe a dried dates bar like Nakd bars. Yum yum.

Clean eating can seem so scary to start with but actually it's so fun to have a massive meal and not feel an ounce guilty or think 'oh gosh, I need to work that off now' blahdy blah. 

Give these a go and let me know how you get on.

Love you all

x Abster x


2 comments:

  1. looks delicious love this post
    http://londonsprimadonna.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete