Thursday, 26 June 2014

Moving Out Wishlist...


Hello beauties! After the majorly exciting news that I've got that space at drama school it is time for me to get organised and start looking at places to live in London. I need to sort out a lot of bits and pieces before that day comes though! So much to throw out, sell, donate, take and leave at home. However, moving out is always a fresh start so getting rid of anything you haven't used in a good 6 months my Mum always says 'throw it out!'. It's a good strategy I reckon, as painful as it seems sometimes. I'm such a hoarder and will keep everything from shopping bags to clothes tags. I just can't part with things, haha. Now is the time to change that!!

Something I'm excited about is picking up new little bits and bobs to decorate and help organize my new home in London. When I've been out and about recently I've seen some gorgeous little bits and bobs which have helped me decide on a theme for my living space when I move. My room at the moment at home is so girly, Cath Kidston-esque and all round Abster style. I want to carry this concept with me because I just love it, so girly and cute. I want to mature my style slightly and keep a minimal, calm surrounding.  

Recently, on a day out market wondering in London, I found this amazing stall with beautiful china cups for sale. But, inside the cups were candles. I instantly fell in love with the idea! Now, all I can do is imagine 3 gorgeous china cups, candles lit, on my window pane - how cute!? The stall was selling the authentic china cups with their matching saucers but also had 'orphan' cups which were missing their saucers. Personally, I like the cups on their own. They are sooo pretty and delicate. The different vintage designs you can get are endless and I can keep mixing and matching to my hearts content! 


 

A major part of this move is finding the right bed sheets, haha! Your bed is your pride and joy... It's mine anyway. I spend a third of my life cuddling up in it so it's pretty dang important!! It's got to look spiffin'. Now, BHS is an amazing place to get gorgeous bed sheets from. I've fallen in love with one of their designs recently when looking online for the perfect set! It's their Jeni Bedding Set which is now reduced to £28.00. Isn't it pretty!


Then again I'm not sure whether to go with a very plain bedding set and mix and match up my accessories like patterned pillows and the Jeni Bed Spread instead as this makes it less busy and easier to swap and change whenever I feel like a makeover! If I went for plain bedding  I'd probably go for an Ivory or Pastel Pink.






Another thing I want to grab hold of is a bedside lamp. I love reading in bed at night and when I start my course I'm going to have to be constantly reading. Even when I paint my nails I sometimes prefer the subtle light of my bedside lamp rather than the room lights. I've spotted a few I like the look of in BHS and John Lewis. What do you think? 

I really like the style of Vintage Stick lamps and I love the different design of the two. I prefer a plain shade but the shape of the calligraphic one is cute! 






The issue with renting accommodation is that you can't really do anything to the walls so no wallpaper or paint for me! But I'm not fretting because accessorizing the heck out of the place will make up for it. I'm going to try to get my hands on a really neutral shade painted room so that none of my stuff clashes drastically. I couldn't live with bright blue walls or a black feature wall or something awful - I know, it's sad but no, just no. 





A thing I'd really like in my new room (depending on the space allowance) is a full length mirror. I've never owned one of these but my best friend has one and whenever we get ready for a night out or something it's so handy haha, especially for selfies ;)!


I love the colour, shape and carving on this mirror however I've found one exactly like this, if not nicer, on eBay for just £60! It's massive and so gorgeous. I'd prop it up next to a wall near my dressing table; mirrors also help to increase the appearance of the size of a room so makes you feel like you have more space than you do - illusion, I love it!



I like the neutral cream colour of this mirror as it's not a harsh colour so can be mixed and matched with tonnes of colours if I ever fancied a re-decoration. 





 Another thing is the massive need for storage. I need all the storage I can get! For shoes, clothes, bits and bobs, make up, nail polishes (which I'll probably have on display anyway so...), things I can't bare to part with but don't use on a daily basis - you know the drill! Anyway, I really want some kind of cute, vintage, pleasant to look at, in theme with the decor, kind of storage boxes. On my hunt for these, I came across the idea to use storage crates; again, eBay is an amazing place! 





 


 I really like both of these crate sets: I love the 'flowers' crate set owing to the colour and the design but the different sizes of the other set really appeals to me. I did think though that I could paint these white and sandpaper them to create that vintage, used look. I know they may seem a bit mucky and old but that's the kind of thing I love. I can just imagine how useful these would be! 



So, there you have it. The little essentials I'm looking at to create a perfect home away from home. Moving out is actually really tough. I've done it before and I'm about to do it again, hopefully for the last time ;). Leaving behind your family is tough but when you feel ready it's really important to trust yourself to just go for it! You are stronger than you think. Surround yourself with supportive, willing people who believe in everything you are and more. Don't let people bring you down and compromise your joy and excitement, be confident and just go for it! The adventure awaits you.



Lots of love,



x Abster x



No comments:

Post a Comment