Monday, 21 April 2014

OOTD & Bank Holiday Update...


Hello again lovely readers! I hope you've had a gorgeous, sunny, food & family-filled bank holiday weekend. I've had a great time with my friends, boyfriend, family & puppy. On a sad note, the past few days have been quite tough as tomorrow I say goodbye to my older brother & my sister-in-law as they jet off travelling for a whole year! I'm so proud of him though as it's been a dream of his since he was very young. Stay safe Tom & B and have an incredible time, make magical memories together & take tonnes of pictures - hehe! 

To brighten up my last day off before starting work again I thought I'd whack together an Outfit of the Day post which I haven't actually featured before in almost 2 years of blogging to you lovely lot. I may make it a regular feature now as I had lots of fun creating it!

Today I wanted to go for a chilled, up-do, comfortable yet a little boho themed look. I've been on a bike ride and long walk today but felt rather Spring/Summer-y in the process. 

What do you reckon?

I've popped together just 3 items:

River Island High-Rise Jeans - £25
Topshop Crop Khaki Over-Sized Tee - £10 (Sale)
New Look Chain & Metallic Feature Necklace - £5.99

This is the first time I've popped this combo together as I only just got these new jeans & top!



I am addicted to River Island jeans as they seem to fit me better than any other brand. I've now dropped down to a Size 8 in jeans which feels slightly crazy as I have (since about 14 years old) been a Size 10!? I've been increasingly active recently so blame that ;)! I love love love high-waisted jeans as they are so versatile & comfy. For just £25 I was instantly won over with these beauties. 


So, I picked up this croppy-tee no more than a week ago when I went shopping in Cambridge with Perri. Just £10 in the sale & after quickly trying it on (I try everything on, ha!) I was sold & new it would be such a great little addition to my summer wardrobe & is seriously comfy. I absolutely adore the colour Khaki as I feel it really compliments my pale skin-tone and blonde-ness. I love it so much I've started trying to creep it in to Jack's wardrobe too, being a blondie himself too, he looks amazing in it! Don't worry - I wont stoop as low as to get us both matching, hehe!! Or will I? Anyway, I teamed this top with my staple piece from New Look which, I am finding more and more, goes with everything. I have this necklace in both gold and silver and Perri's also got it in a darker metallic shade. It's the perfect shape, size & length to wear with anything. Love it love it love it. 


I also don't tend to wear my hair up a lot but have recently, as I told you in my last post, been experimenting tonnes more with my hair & have fallen in love with messy buns. My hair is so thin I use a multitude of pins to keep the bobble covered, ha! The great thing about up-do's is you can practically forget they are there all day & stay looking fresh and fabulous!

 So, there you have it my lovely ones - my OOTD. You shall be seeing a few more of these little features along the way so keep popping in.

Love you all
xox

x Abster x


2 comments: