Friday, 18 April 2014

Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara Review...


Hello again gorgeous people! Recently I have been on the hunt for the PERFECT mascara and have found tonnes that are almost perfect but not quite there. However, recently I was bought this beautiful thannng as a present... 

Benefit's 'They're Real' Mascara!!!
I've been wanting to get my hands on this bad boy for ages now. I've seen countless reviews on this gorgeous product and thought it was about time I posted my own to share with you what I truly think of the product.




As a lot of you know, the packaging is just as gorgeous as the product itself... 


However, the packing promises a whole lot of stuff ranging from how the mascara 'lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts & separates'... Wow!! Also, Benefit introduce us to the specially designed brush which 'reveals lashes you never knew you had!' All of this sets us mascara lovers into a I-Want-It-Now trance but does it deliver all that it promises?



Well, I put this to the test...




Firstly, I started with my blank canvas of concealer and face powder (I don't tend to wear liquid foundation any more to allow my skin to breathe as my skin begins to mature into my twenties)... 

So yes, there is my bare eye to the left... Ha! The next step was to pop some liquid liner on my top lid and add a small flick from the corner of my eye. I do this almost every day just to widen my eye and make my tiny, thin lashes look fuller.




Next it was time to pop on my first coat of Benefit's 'They're Real' Mascara... With just one coat I achieved really separated, defined, curled, lengthened and lifted lashes!! 


That's already 5 of Benefit's promises fulfilled - I was dead impressed! The volume, however, did seem to be lacking so I popped on another coat...


With just one more coat on my top and bottom lashes I saw the mascara really come to life and give me even more curl, definition and thickness!

 The brush is probably my favourite bit of the mascara as it is designed to separate your lashes & this has been something I have been looking to find for a while now! 

When I put my mascara on I like to pulse the brush a few times right at the root of my lashes on my lid to make sure I have each lash covered before stroking over the length of the lash. This allows every lash to be completely covered. I have a real pet peeve about people who just apply their mascara to the lashes and forget the roots. Especially blondes like me as you see a massive contrast up close - not a good look ;). This brush makes it even easier to do this!! Happy days!


So, yeah! I really do think Benefit have every right to own the 'Number One Mascara in the UK' title with this mascara and for £19.50 I really do think it's worth it. I've spent countless money on trying out high-street store, cheap mascaras that just end up 90% full in my make-up draw never to be used again. This mascara has made its way into my make up bag and now has a permanent residence thank you very much!! An extra tip would be to curl your lashes before applying this mascara for an even bigger curl but to be honest, it's pretty darn sh-amazing even without. Well Done Benefit!!


Thank you for reading beauties & I hope this helped any potential 'They're Real'-ers!

Loads of love, as always

x Abster x

2 comments:

  1. Love this mascara :) it really makes your eyes pop :)

    www.shaunasharp.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally!! It's so worth the money xxxx

      Delete