Monday, 29 April 2013

Favourites of Mine...



Hello again you lovely ones. Again, I must start with appologising for being so distant as of late but the previous two weeks and the next three weeks are all assessments for me at Uni. I'm performing in three different shows so my life is busy busy busy at the moment. But, as of the 20th of May I will have officially finished my first year and be home bound for some homely T.L.C. I cannot wait! 

All of my shows require me to wear no nail polish... I KNOW RIGHT. So I've decided to do a post about a few of my favourite things at the moment; from food to fashion I'm going to let you in to the life of me and what I love! 

Food

Now, anyone who knows me well will know I absolutely adore food and the way to this girl's heart is most definitely through her stomach. I went through an awful amount of torment with food as a teenager owing to the whole 'picture perfect' size zero image that all girls wanted to have. Now I have embraced who I am and my weight and just bloomin' adore food. Here are some of my very favourite things to munch on...


Pepper and houmous have become my much needed snack! Since I've been travelling to and from theatres this term I have really needed to pack food with me as it's much more cost effective and I don't end up eating a load of rubbish. Another thing I have re-discovered my love for is Egg Mayo! Best sandwich filler ever. Some people hate this stuff but nope - me likey! A guilty pleasure of mine are Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar Kettle Chips - I'm an addict. I've loved these ever since I was about eleven when my best friend and I used to buy a bag every Friday night together and munch our way through them to some cracking chick flicks.They'll always be my fave crisps I reckon. Also, I am a real lover of breakfast - I have to set my day up right and Blueberry Wheats are stonkingly good. Again, these have been a long-term fave of mine for many years now haha. 

Fashion

I am a serious shorts and tights girl... My mum always comments if I buy a new pair of shorts because I do, seriously, have way too many pairs. Even in winter I own those shorts with some woolly tights and my Vans! I just think they are so comfy, versatile and non-restricting. I also think my legs have become cold-resistant haha. My fave pair of shorts I own have to be my River Island denims and my River Island candy-stripped pair! I can't chose. Both are so gorgeous, comfy and such a great fit. 

TV

Being at University you start to find yourself slip away from television and programs you are addicted to before coming. Especially without a TV in halls of residence. However, iplayer, itvplayer and 4od are a god send. I have to admit my favourite program at the moment is, but of course, Made in Chelsea. I am addicted to the glamour, drama and pretentiousness of the show and am an avid watcher (it's on tonight actually to my DELIGHT!)... Sometimes a hard day at Uni is saved by a bit of reality TV. I always find myself going 'oooo' out loud when something kicks off on the show haha! 


Another show I am glued to is, funnily enough, MasterChef. Not only does the show remind me so much of sitting at home watching it with my lovely dad, but I absolutely love how dramatic cooking can get! It's hilarious how tense it can get. The final is coming up this week and it's making my life look slightly more prosperous at the moment haha. Are there any weird programs you are into at the moment? 


Nail Polish

This is a very tricky one, as you all will know... However I've been giving this a lot of thought lately and I have officially narrowed down my favourite Barry M polish and my favourite Models Own... The two cannot be compared, I can't chose between my two favourite brands so nerrrr. 

My favourite Barry M polish has got to be Bright Red. Just look at that colour! It has to be my most shockingly gorgeous colour that carries such sophistication with it. I love the finish it gives and is enough, purely, as a block colour on its own. Totally love this polish.

My fave Models Own has to be the beautiful Beth's Blue. The colour is a cross between a grey-ish blue and a pastel blue - not quite falling under either category. I adore the colour and am wearing it right now as I type this all out ;). I think the colour works perfectly for every single season of the year and is so versatile with my wardrobe. 

Books

Yep, you may not have guessed but I have recently turned into a serious book worm. Since coming to Uni I have just so gotten into reading. I've always got a book on the go and have read dozens of books since getting my fab Kindle Fire HD for Christmas. I think my favourite book I have read since Christmas... Ahh now this is seriously tough... it's got to be A Thousand Splendid Suns bu Khaled Hosseini. This author is beyond amazing - he had me crying, laughing and really wanting to act upon the mistreatment of Middle Eastern women. The book completely opened my eyes to the third world and really educated me. It had such an impact on me I actually wrote to Hosseini's agent just to express my gratitude. I got a lovely reply and told the author was touched with what I said. Boom ;)



At the moment I'm reading This Perfect World by Suzanne Bugler. I've hardly been able to put it down. It's about a woman who bullied this girl when she was a child and how her perfect world now is shattered by the news of how her past victim of torment is now in hospital owing to her. It's a seriously good and quite easy read - one for the beach ;)






Make-Up

Now you all know how addicted to make-up I am - as unhealthy as it is. I am quite insecure about my naturalness so tend to never leave the house (unless I'm going for a run) without any make up on. However if I had to chose three things from my make up bag to keep and chuck the rest away then I would have to narrow it down to my Collection 2000 Lasting Finish Concealer - this is the best concealer in the world - end of story. My Rimmel London Gel Liner for those cat eyes ;) and my Maybelline Fit Me Powder. I could live with those three haha.

Music

Whenever someone asks me who my favourite band/singer/song is I always go 'errrrr I have no idea'... I always have music playing wherever I am. My dad has sometimes wondered if my right headphone is glued to my ear but it's like having a soundtrack to your life haha. I love a good strut down the shopping center feeling like I'm in my own movie - don't we all ;) Although, at the moment I am pretty addicted to two albums...

Justin Timerlake's new 20/20 Experience is phenomenal - it's like all his old stuff with new twerks and twists - amazing. He's such a talent. Also, I've been glued to Ne-Yo's Red album. I bought this in HMV a few weeks back just as a random purchase and WOW. I love a bit of old school R&B and this album is the definition of beautifulness. I could listen to it on repeat all day. Both of these artists wrote their whole albums as well as performing them - makes them all the better!

I better stop rambling now else this will be the longest post ever in history haha. I hope you've enjoyed finding out a little more about moi. Let me know some of your favourite things at the moment! Lots of love beauties <3

x Abster x

4 comments:

  1. I loooove the Kettle chips, they're SO good! The Model's Own nail polish looks like such a lovely colour too. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so more-ish! I'm an addict haha! That nail polish is sooo worth the money! It's beautiful - gets a lot of compliments too Hun! Xx

      Delete
  2. great post! mind to check out my blog? maybe we can follow each other :)

    www.thebeautyyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey & of course I'll be right over :D xx

      Delete