Wednesday, 17 April 2013

#31 Nails...

Time for a new nail design I reckon... I'm so sorry I haven't posted a funky new design for ages now! I'm hoping once I finish uni in 5 weeks I'll be nail mad once again whilst I have the time - yay! I cannot wait for summer; I've got 5 weeks of intensive rehearsal for 3 different shows until I'm back home for a long, hopefully, sunny summer! So this week I thought I'd try a brand new design involving block colours and some silver patterning to give myself a sophisticated yet still very Abbie-fied manicure! Take a look :)



For this design I used two of my essential Barry M's the black and white which are both running very low now! I also cracked open my new lilac Gelly Barry M and used two of my favourite Model's Own pastel colours along with my silver detail pen! I wanted to use a few different colours for this design to jazz it up a bit. I really could have done with using silver nail tape for the patterning in between colours however I need to invest in some for really precise designs! Let me show you how this design is done - it's super easy you just need time for each section to touch dry and then a steady hand for the detailing!



First off we always start with our base coat as I've said time and time again haha! Then I used my White Barry M to coat each nail and let this dry.

After this had touch dried I gently swept across my chosen feature colour and let this dry! My Gelly polish needed two coats as it's quite transparent.


Then, pop on the black tip! This really makes the design pop out! I let this dry before adding my silver detailing. This just needs a steady hand and don't rush! This separates the block sections and adds detail and completes the look well!


Let this all dry and then pop on a shiny top coat! This finishes the nail design with an extra shine and glamourous edge!


You can jazz up this design by using more shocking colours like reds or bright blues. I like the subtlety of pastel colours when using such statement colours as white and black! I hope you like this one my lovelies <3 more to come soon! Promise ;)

Hope you have a fabulous week!

x Abster x

2 comments:

  1. wow , i wish i was able to do my nails like that unfortunately i've got none! i really like your blog and maybe we could keep in touch and follow each other?
    www.eightpacesahead.blogspot.com
    kayley :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to bite my nails but I love them too much now! Just take care of them and you'll be able to do whatever you want! <3 I'll deffo be over to check your blog out honey xx

      Delete