Saturday, 26 January 2013

#24 Nails & 50 followers!...


First of all Happy Weekend! Next week is February - can you believe how quickly it's gone? It'll be Christmas again in no time. This week has been pretty exciting as I've been looking at cheap holidays with my girlies for a week away in summer! Bring it on. Also, we hit 50 followers yesterday so thank you so much to all of my loyal readers - I love you! This week I have either been very inspired to constantly be re-painting my nails or I've had a little too much time on my hands. Either or, I've got another design for you lovelies today which I know you're going to love. I am soooo pleased with this one!


You likey? I love this design and am so pleased how it turned out. Again, this one needs a steady hand especially for the hand you can't see ;) Although I am pretty pleased with my left hand's work. I'm becoming ambidextrous with nail painting hehe. Let me show you which colours I used and how to do this design for yourself...


First few steps are really simple; base coat, dry, chose your colours for your blocking ( I chose my baby pink and Beth's Blue) and paint away, allow these to dry for a little while.


Next, I used my Jade Stone (Models Own) for the strip underneath the black aztec nail design. I kept this the same across all the Beth's Blue nails but I used Beth's Blue across the baby pink nail to switch things up a bit ;)


After this comes the detailing - in other words the frustrating part! I started by using my Models Own black detail pen (these pens have changed my life haha). I drew two lines at the top and bottom of the stripe and then did my zig-zags across. Then, I put some white dots in each section and drew a white line underneath each nail element. I then topped it all off with a series of black dots in a line under the white line.



I then popped on a top coat and tahhh dah! Here's the devastating part - I was in my kitchen at University painting my nails - to be sociable haha. As I was taking all my paints back to my room, clever girl as I am, I was obviously holding too many and my gorgeous Jade Stone Models Own polish smashed everywhere... I stood there like :o for a long time. I then used up half my blooming nail polish remover trying to get the paint off the kitchen floor whilst mourning over my loss of that gorgeous Models Own paint! That was the first time I'd used it aswell. Thankfully, I've saved a little bit of the paint as the bottle smashed just at the top. Bit of drama for you ;) Haha!

Hope you like this design bloggers! It was worth all the drama :P

Have a lovely weekend!

x Abster x

12 comments:

  1. Yaaaay 50 followers, well done my lovely!
    I love this design, I've been meaning to try out an Aztec one for ages.

    Shame about Jade Stone, thats one of my favourite shades. The worst I've done is smash one of the lids, that was gutting enough.

    GOD I'VE BECOME SO ATTACHED TO THEM.
    Hope you're all good my lovely!

    Charlotte xo
    charbuckss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks honey!! <3 I know, I was stuck at 27 for AGES. Hopefully the followers will keep coming now :)
      I know I nearly cried, they aren't cheap either!

      Hope you're good babe xxxx

      Abbie xox

      Delete
  2. Love this design and such lovely colours. I have the Models Own Nail Art Pen somewhere you've just reminded me to try it out :)
    Chloe xx
    http://moonchild-chloe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You muuuusst find it! They are amazing - you can do endless designs! Thank you xxxx

      Abbie xox

      Delete
  3. the tribal print is so cute!

    Steph // giveaway!! fun size beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! I've just checked out your blog and it's amazing! Your photography is fabulous <3 Thank you for following <3

      Abbie xox

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the 50 followers hun :) I love the nails they are gorgeous!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful design...love it.*_*
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey :) Of course, I'll check your blog out <3 Welcome!

      Abbie xox

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the follow,dear.^^
    Follow you back on gfc and bloglovin #4.
    Do you also follow me on bloglovin???
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete