Tuesday, 22 January 2013

#22 Nails...


Well it's about bloomin' time I did another Nail post. I've been slacking on the nail front with just putting on block colours. I have been trying out my new Models Own colours and I literally have fallen in love with Beth's Blue. It's beautiful! But, after a week of not posting I owe you lovely ones a treat and here it is :) A new girly design that took me quite a long time to do haha. What do you think?



I really enjoyed this design - took a while but was really fun! I got to use my black nail art pen that I hadn't yet used from Models Own. I also used my favourite baby pink from Collection 2000 and my Barry M White. 


I also used my nail art brushes, again, for the first time and WHAT a difference they make!! So much easier to create detail with much more accuracy. Love them. So, let me show you how this design is done...

Of course we start off with out base coat and then add our block colours to the nails we want. I used my baby pink on all nails bar my normal feature nail.

Next, I used my Models Own White detail pen to create little bows on each finger apart from my white feature nail where the little poodle will go :D.
Now, I whacked out my new Models Own black pen and added the detailing. This was really hard because it came out so fast! 




 Next, I had to start on the poodle detailing. For this I used my baby pink to stay in theme and one of my thin brushes to get an accurately drawn little poodle! This bit was scary haha. But hey! I think it went well :) Just take your time with this part.


My final steps were to add the black detailing onto Mr. Poodle and add dots around him! I also popped on a top coat once I'd let the paint dry a bit. How do you like the final effect? I'm not sure if I feel the black dots take over a bit... What do you think? 


Here is a little picture of early in the week when I painted my nails with Models Own's Beth's Blue - maybe my new favourite polish I own. I love the colour! Comment below to tell me which of your own polish colours is your favourite at the moment!
Hope you like this one lovelies :)

x Abster x

8 comments:

  1. Your nails look amazing! I wish I could do nail are but I'm not good at painting small details. Beth's Blue is a really pretty shade! My favourite right now is Essie's Merino Cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! Glad you like them, I wasn't too sure about this design! I'll definitely check that one out. You just have to practice, I used to be awful <3

      Abbie xox

      Delete
  2. great idea...
    i will try this..
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you <3 It's really simple, just take your time xx
      Send me a link to the finished product!!

      Abbie xox

      Delete
  3. Wow I wish I could do this! Very nice :)
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can do them honey! Just practice and try it first with just one bow on one feature nail and no poodle, work your way to the detailing. Practice makes perfect <3

      Abbie xox

      Delete
  4. The bows are so cute! New follower and I love your blog! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetheart! Love your blog too <3 xxx

      Delete