Saturday, 5 January 2013

#21 Nails...


It's a new year so it's time for a new nail design! I feel like I've lacked a heck of a lot of inspiration lately. But, after Christmas I have some new paints and a fabulous Models Own white detail pen! My room is Cath Kidston themed so I have been living in my inspiration recently and it hit me today whilst my nails were looking awful and chipped... A CATH KIDSTON THEME! Floating around the blogasphere has been a lot of Cath Kidston designs but I thought I'd put my own spin on things and go for girly, flowery pastels. What do you think? 


Firstly I gave myself a re-file and buff as I have neglected them slightly over the Christmas period. They feel so much better now and a base coat made them look all fresh! My next step was to chose the designs for each finger. I only started painting my block pastel blue and pastel pink on three fingers as I wasn't sure what to do with the other too just yet, haha. I started with my spots and lines on my middle and index finger then got cracking with my feature nail.



Next, I worked on my feature nail adding bit by bit, outlining using my Models Own white detail pen. Then, slowly adding colour after each layer touch dries. I used a dark pink for the flower bud, green for the leaves and added a spec of white to each flower to give it dimension. 

 After this, I added more white spots around the design and on the block colour to give it a more Cath Kidston-y feel to it!



For the next step I had to make my bloomin' mind up about which colour to paint the other two nails... I chose pink - shock horror. Not only that it's preeeetty but it evened out the design symmetrically. For the thumb nail I chose to do a similar design to the feature nail to give the design a little more 'wow-factor' - if you can call it that... haha. I used three flowers this time on a pink background. I love how it came out! I also decided to do white line on my pinky nail which rounds of the design nicely! 




What do you think of this one lovelies? It's probably one of my favorites just because it's so pretty and girly! Have a go and let me know how you get one. Go ahead and develop your own Cath Kidston design, send me a link!! Good luck and just keep calm and keep a steady hand! Just be creative!

x Abster x

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous nails!

    Thank you for following my blog :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much honey :) you're welcome! It's fab and I look forward to seeing all your feature posts xxx

      Abbie xox

      Delete
  2. These are remarkably beautiful nails- so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Belle! (What a gorgeous name) & thank you for following! I'll be sure to keep the nail designs flowing for you lovely xxx

      Abbie xox

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are so adorable. You have a lovely blog x

    http://raincheckfortimbuktu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! Ill be sure to check it out <3 xx

      Delete
  5. Hi! Love your blog, Im a new follower

    Im a self-taught makeup artist and upcoming YouTuber and have a beauty blog where I feature product reviews, picture tutorials, looks I have created and so on..
    Would love for you to check it out and even follow if you like it?!

    Love always
    xxx
    Sanna

    www.lookamillion.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com

    P.s I always follow back x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've followed back :) Love it xx

      Delete
  6. wow very nice style :)

    love it :)

    hugs from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're really good! I wish I could do that :)
    You have a nice blog :) want to start following each other? :)
    Love,

    Amélie
    http://bagsandchocolate.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww thank you so much xxx Anyone can with a bit of practice honey! If you'd like me to send u a tutorial I would love to xx
    I'll be sure to check it out, thank you for following!! x

    Abbie xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely stunning!! Definitely going to try these cheeky nails out...thank you!! Have a lovely weekend �� x

    http://beautysimplicityandnails.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete