Monday, 15 October 2012

#14 Nails...


I have full on treated you lot this week with a post everyday! I am really into nail art at the moment and I get so excited every time something inspires me! This edition shows my Galaxy Nails Design. I love it, it may actually be my favourite design I've ever done!


Before I show you beauties how I got his look let me introduce you to my new purchases in the form of Gelly Barry M's. I walked into the drug store and saw these sitting on the shelf of the Barry M compartment. I almost had a heart attack. From my previous posts I'd realised I lacked blues in my polish collection so grabbed these two beauties of the shelf and into my basket!


Here are Blue Plum and Blueberry - so prettyful!! The Gelly collection gives you a shining finish in just one coat! I am yet to try them to their full potential but I did incorporate both into my design! 

Let me get cracking and show you how I did this new design! 



Here are the polishes I used - all Barry M again (bar my base and top coat from Rimmel). I just can't keep away - they are definitely my favourite!

I started with my base coat, allowed this to dry then popped on 2 coats of Barry M's Black. This black polish gives such a glossy finish without even a top coat! 


Once allowing to touch dry I grabbed my make up sponge and dabbed a drop of Blue Plum and dabbed in the corner or side of each nail. I then repeated this with Blueberry to create a really deep layering of blues.


You can already see the design starting to emerge! My sponge started to look like this!


Next I added the pink to the sponge and dabbed across the nail to create this look:


After this I then coated a thin layer of Pink Iridescent (glitter) to create the appearance of stars! Then I topped it all off with a Rimmel top coat to give the look a shine! This also brought the whole design together into GALAXY NAILS!


I am beyond pleased with this design. I'm so happy with how it turned out and may be keeping this on for a while! :D

Hope you like this one my lovelies <3

x Abster x



5 comments:

  1. You come up with some of the best ideas for nail art Abbie :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you babes! I have such a passion for it, its like a hobby now, something i LOVE to do xxx

      Delete
    2. I can see the appeal :) I'm getting quite addicted myself thanks to Charlotte and her immense collection of Models' Own xxx

      Delete