Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Uni Blues...



So in approximately 86 hours (3 days and a bit) I will be in the car on the way to the rest of my life a.k.a. University. I am so nervous. No, nervous is an understatement. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to start my course and be embarking on the rest of my life but leaving home, leaving my boyfriend and leaving my best friend is really playing on my mind. I'm hoping writing this all for you to read is really going to help me.

This week has been full of goodbyes but the hardest one so far has to be saying goodbye (for now) to my best friend, Perri.



Isn't she lush, hehe.

Perri and I have been best friends for 12 years now. Crazy I know. The craziest thing is we have never had one single spat or argument or 'I'm not your friend anymoreeee' sessions. We've been through a heck of a lot together over those 12 years which has made us more than best friends. We're sisters. 


Today I popped round to say goodbye to her and my second family. That was tough.



I've got some more goodbyes coming up including my lovely boyfriend and wonderful family. Dread. 

BUT, I have been constantly saying to myself "Do not cry because it's over, but smile because it happened." The past two years have been incredible at sixth form, meeting some of my very best friend, my boyfriend and staying just as close to my lovely Perri. Nothing will change, life will only get better.

If you are heading to Uni this year I wish you the best of luck and hope you know a little of what I'm feeling.

x Abster x

4 comments:

  1. You'll have an amazing time at uni. It's super scary moving away, but when you get there and settled in you'll be fine. Luckily your bestie and boyfriend will only ever be a text, call or Skype away. :) Have a brilliant Freshers' Week! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's so nice that fellow bloggers are so supportive <3

      x Abbie x

      Delete
  2. Just started following your blog and I'm really looking forward to seeing your updated posts and your journey through uni! (Nosy!) I've just started my 2nd year and love every minute of it so don't be scared and just embrace it - it'll be the best thing you've ever done! GOOD LUCK x

    ReplyDelete